sorry we are not native speakers, so the content may not be clear. We just want to share with you!
There is an Add-on for the Arduino IDE that allows you to program the ESP32 in the Arduino language. This article will guide you to install ESP32 Arduino IDE regardless of Windows, Linux, Mac OS X operating systems.
Requirements: Installed Arduino IDE
Read more: Led matrix ESP32 Arduino
Make sure the Arduino IDE version installed on the machine is the latest.
To install the latest version of the Arduino IDE you must uninstall the old version and install the new version downloaded at: www.www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
Instructions for installing Arduino IDE on Windows: www.arduino.cc/en/guide/windows
Install ESP32 for Arduino IDE
- Open Arduino IDE>File>Preferences
- At Additional Board Manager URLs input https://dl.espressif.com/dl/package_esp32_index.json
Note: if a URL already exists, separate it with a “,“.
- Choose Tool > Board > Boards Manager…
- Search with the keyword “esp32”, in the list of results select “ESP32 by Espressif Systems” and click Install
DONE!, the add-on will auto install
Check settings ESP32 Arduino
While opening the Arduino IDE software, connect the ESP32 board to the computer and execute
- Choose Board in list Tools > Board (ex: DOIT ESP32 DEVKIT V1)
- Select Port (if there is no COM Port list, need to install driver CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers).
- Open example: File > Examples > WiFi (ESP32) > WiFiScan
- A Sketch is opened
- Click the Upload button on the Arduino IDE toolbar to compile and load the DOIT ESP32 DEVKIT V1 Board. You need to wait a while
- If successful you will get “Done Uploading.”
- Open Arduino IDE Serial Mornitor in the toolbar or Ctrl + Shift +M, choose baud rate 115200.
Results install ESP32 on Arduino IDE
Above has guided you to install the ESP32 Add-on for Arduino IDE, after successful implementation, you can test the Examples before applying to your IOT projects. Welcome to read programming tutorials with ESP32.